Solving Math Problems
This is a fun game about math problems. It's not a complicated test, in fact it's very easy, however the point is not just to solve the question provided, but to solve as many as you can in a short time, a very good score would be 21 points in this exercise, if you get 21 points then you are a human calculator, well not really but you got the point. It's nice to be an athlete, but certainly it's super nice to be a Mathlete! So have fun solving this math problems game!
Instructions for the Math Game
You have 5 minutesin this math game, you have to answer as many questions as possible, click on “new game”, then “start”, once you know the answer go to the space where it says “put answer here” and write it, then hit “enter”, you will earn one point for that. Keep playing until the 5 minutes are over.
Math is one of the top stimulants to the brain; this is an interactive game which stimulates your mental abilities. Life is filled with problems, and as part of our daily routine is to solve easy or hard problems. Mathematics are one form in finding solutions to real life obstacles, such as in algebra, analysis, arithmetic, combinatorics, Euclidean and non-Euclidean geometries, game theory, number theory, numerical analysis, optimization, probability, set theory, statistics, topology, and trigonometry … etc. The game below is something that might seem to be played easily, but the main benefit would occur if you give accurate answers while playing fast, don't let the simplicity of the game fool you, it's simple but greatly stimulates your brain, especially when performing rapid calculations, your brain gets used to thinking in a fast pace, and that in itself is a good math work out. After playing the math game you can also read some selected quotes below about mathematics. Enjoy!
Many consider math the underlying language of science. Among the principal branches of mathematics are algebra, analysis, arithmetic, combinatorics, Euclidean and non-Euclidean geometries, game theory, number theory, numerical analysis, optimization, probability, set theory, statistics, topology, and trigonometry. Among the principal branches of mathematics are algebra, analysis, arithmetic, combinatorics, Euclidean and non-Euclidean geometries, game theory, number theory, numerical analysis, optimization, probability, set theory, statistics, topology, and trigonometry.
In short mathematics is a deductive study of numbers, geometry, and various abstract constructs, or structures; the latter often “abstract” the features common to several models derived from the empirical, or applied sciences, although many emerge from purely mathematical or logical considerations. Mathematics is very broadly divided into foundations, algebra, analysis, geometry, and applied mathematics, which includes theoretical computer science and artificial intelligence.
Selected Quotes about Math
– “In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them” John Von Neumann.
– “Mathematics consists of proving the most obvious thing in the least obvious way” George Polya.
– “The simplest schoolboy is now familiar with facts for which Archimedes would have sacrificed his life” Ernest Renan.
– “Mathematics is like checkers in being suitable for the young, not too difficult, amusing, and without peril to the state” Plato.
– “As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality” Albert Einstein.
– “The science of mathematics presents the most brilliant example of how pure reason may successfully enlarge its domain without the aid of experience” Immanuel Kant.
– “Numbers exist only in our minds. There is no physical entity that is number 1. If there were, 1 would be in a place of honor in some great museum of science, and past it would file a steady stream of mathematicians gazing at 1 in wonder and awe” Linear Algebra by Fraleigh/Beauregard.
– “Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty —a beauty cold and austere, like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of painting or music, yet sublimely pure, and capable of a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show. The true spirit of delight, the exaltation, the sense of being more than Man, which is the touchstone of the highest excellence, is to be found in mathematics as surely as poetry” Bertrand Russell, in Study of Mathematics, about the beauty of Mathematics.
– “Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable sub-human who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house” Robert Heinlein.